Purchase Director (w/m/d)
Finding Heads International GmbH is one of the leading Head-hunter companies in Europe. We are specialist for C-Level, Top Manager and Specialists searches. Our head-hunters are all having longstanding Management experience and their success is based on competence and competent coaching.
Our client is one of the largest contract manufacturers of mobile machinery in Europe and with companies in Finland, Germany and Slovakia they are near to their customers. The Group has been in the industry for over 60 years and is family-owned and has a stable ownership striving for a long-term success and strategy. The company employs about 800 professionals and has its six subsidiaries. Yearly revenue of the group will be nearly 170 million Euro in 2021.
The Group is the leading European manufacturer of smartest cabins. They offer for selected world-wide known brands from off-road machines and other industries full service; including design, prototyping as well as low, mid and high-volume cabin production supported by plastic parts.
We are looking for the:
Purchase Director (m/f/d)
The Purchase Director will lead and develop all purchasing activities and external logistics of the Group Cabins Business Area. In addition, the Purchase Director is responsible for indirect procurement and corporate-level procurement (steel, energy, real estate etc.).
• Refresh and manage common purchase strategy of the Cabins Business unit
• Managing and developing supplier portfolio, especially in Germany and Slovakia
• Implementing and using “keep, develop or change” strategy with about 1 000 different suppliers worldwide, about 35 % from Finland and about 45 % from EU
• Yearly supplier agreements and negotiations with key suppliers
• Acting as an intermediator between customers and suppliers
• Developing and adjusting different quality methods for purchasing departments
• Being a supervisor for purchasing departments of the Cabins business unit in factory in Finland and the factory in Germany
• Active working and motivating employees of the purchasing departments; especially with four (4) purchasing managers. You will lead a team of about 20 people in total
• The role will require regular business trips visiting workshops and existing and prospective suppliers, about 100 traveling days per year
• The purchasing director will report directly to the business area director, Cabins
• In this position it is possible to work remote from home office in Scandinavia or middle Europe. If you live near of some of our factories, we offer a full office facility in the company
• Experience in leadership of an international purchasing organization and supplier chain development in subcontracting business
• different controlling and steering methods
• transportation and logistics
• serial production and what it requires
• most typical quality tools
• different production methods and available materials
• Commercial skills (need to understand P&L and make analysis based on that)
• Capability to read technical documents
• Capability to lead and develop own organization
• Capability to work in management team with other professionals
• other languages especially German is a plus
• Technical and/or commercial education (Master’s degree)
• Good command in English, oral and written other languages especially German is a plus
• Microsoft-Office, Microsoft D365 or comparable ERP program
Highest discretion is self-evident.
Please also read our current privacy information on our homepage: www.findingheads.de
Please apply by E-Mail to: email@example.com
Finding Heads International GmbH
Fon: +49(0) 2353 667 4561